Take part in Greenreality Homes activities
Rural households throughout South Karelia can register for a test group that will be piloting measures to reduce carbon footprints. Registration period: 1 July 2020 – 31 December 2021.
- Choose the length of your pilot (1–3 months)
- Take part in the monthly advice session
- Calculate your carbon footprint after the advice session
- Choose suitable measures to reduce your household’s carbon footprint
- Recalculate your carbon footprint at the end of the pilot
- Volunteers are encouraged to share any climate measures that have proven to be effective
The test group is being coordinated by the Hinkua Etelä-Karjalaan! (Make South Karelia Carbon Neutral!) project, and the test group’s activities will form part of the project’s Rural Climate Pioneers work package. Read more about the project (in Finnish)
The dates and locations of the advice sessions will be announced on the project page. Everyone who registers will also receive a personal invitation. The advice sessions are held once a month. So, for example, if you register during August, you will receive an invitation to the September session.
Read more (in Finnidh)
You can also monitor your carbon footprint and switch to a more sustainable lifestyle on your own initiative:
- Determine the carbon footprint of your home and lifestyle (calculator to the left)
- Choose actions that will reduce your carbon footprint (100 actions to the left)
- Tips for more sustainable everyday life
- In the Residents section of the website
- Subscribe to the Greenreality Homes newsletter (order form at the bottom of the page)
- Join the discussion in our Facebook group (link to the left)
- Get involved and encourage others to join us!
- “Report” your own everyday actions to the email address below, and we can write an article about your home for our Greenreality Homes series (see the top-left link)