Select a climate action
- Favour emissions-free or low-emissions energy sources
- Conduct a “DIY energy inspection” and work out your own energy use and consumption habits
- Only buy white goods with an energy efficiency rating of at last ‘A’
- Make the switch to LED lighting
- Generate your own electricity via solar panels
- Make sure that your radiators are evenly pressurised and that your thermostat works correctly
- Make sure the heat pump works correctly. Don’t leave your central heating on in summer
- Keep an eye on your energy consumption. This can highlight any unnecessary energy use
- Fix any leaks or gaps in insulation. The South Karelia Energy Advisory Council loans out thermal cameras free of charge
Ask for energy-saving advice
The South Karelia Energy Advisory Service, operated by the Lappeenranta Regional Environmental Board, is involved in implementing a new energy advisory service coordinated by Motiva.
The National Energy Advisory service, coordinated by Motiva, can now be contacted via its Energy matters Facebook page. You can contact an expert energy advisor by sending a direct Facebook message and they will be able to assist you in any questions relating to energy use, heating systems, and switching to renewable energy sources. The service is free of charge.
The aim of the energy advisory service is to encourage and support Finns to consider sustainable consumption solutions, promote responsible energy use, and help people choose the most appropriate renewable energy practices. The energy advisors belong to a national advisory network providing local advice services in 12 municipalities. You can find information about the various advisory services and events via the Energy matters Facebook page.